Wednesday, June 10, 2015

The End is Near for CAP Americano Sur 2015

It is sad for me to think about my travels coming to an end for a couple reasons.  The first is the fact that I will probably never get the chance to travel like this again.  It was a pure blessing to be able to even come to South America at all. Of course it doesn’t mean that I will never travel again; that would be silly.  I plan to continue traveling for the rest of my life.  It will always be a priority; though, it will most likely never be of this magnitude again.  Having experienced World Tour and now CAP Americano Sur, I think I am ok with that.  These trips are amazing experiences.  They are also exhausting experiences.  I think everyone has reached their limits for now and is ready to go home, myself included.  It is funny though to compare this duration of a trip to an entire semester.  It has been so much easier this time around than it was for World Tour.  Many people have complained about being tired and fed up with life on the road.  It isn’t terrible for me yet because I always have World Tour to compare it to.  It can always be worse, no matter what the situation is. 

The second reason that I am sad to see this trip come to an end is because I have really enjoyed traveling with Amanda.  She has helped make it so much more fun than it would have been without her.  Odds are we won’t be able to do something like this again.  You learn a lot about someone when you live with them.  You learn even more about them when you travel together.  Amanda and I have done both and we have yet to kill each other.  In fact, we are still friends, not that I ever doubted our friendship over the duration of our travels, but I at least expected to be annoyed at times.  That comes with traveling in general.  I admit there were times we got frustrated with each other, but I don’t think it was ever directed at each other personally, more just the situation in general.

Despite the week of altitude sickness, it has been a fantastic trip.  I couldn’t have asked for anything better, really.  Between Amanda and I, there are plenty of photos to look back on to process everything that we experienced over the past month.  I am still trying to convince myself that just in the past week I walked among the ruins of Machu Picchu, surfed off the coast of Lima, and walked through the streets of La Paz, the highest metropolis in the world.  How did I get so lucky?

No comments:

Post a Comment