Monday, February 4, 2013

Canakkale, Turkey


Well there is nothing too exciting to say about today because it was a bus travel day.  We drove west and south of Istanbul, with a destination of Canakkale, Turkey.  It is located on the West coast of Turkey.  We were supposed to visit Troy, but the ferry was closed due to high winds so we were not able to make it on time.  Hopefully we will make it there tomorrow.
 
We got to our hotel in Canakkale at about 4:00 p.m. and were given free time for the evening.  I headed out with a group and explored for a while.  They city has a nice developed waterfront that sets the atmosphere for the whole place.  On display in the city center is the giant horse used in the movie Troy, so that was fun to see.  I need to watch the movie when I get home! 
Shortly after, we found a really nice restaurant to eat at on the waterfront.  The place was pretty modern with awesome graphic designed menus.  We also had a view of the sunset, and most importantly, the food was fantastic.  I had mushroom and spinach stuffed chicken and caramel cheesecake for dessert!  It was probably the most relaxing meal I have had on this trip! 
We headed back to the hotel fairly early, which I was ok with.  Our hotel had a great wifi connection, along with pretty fancy rooms.  Complimentary hot tea, slippers, Turkish delight, and snacks along with a super comfy bed made this my favorite hotel so far!  There was only one downfall.  As I turned on the water to take a shower, I realized that it was a yellowish- brown color.  I was in great need of a shower, so I had to deal.  I am sure it was fine; it was just probably not as refreshing as it could have been.  I spent the rest of the evening Facebooking and Skyping!

No comments:

Post a Comment