Monday, April 8, 2013

Stonehenge, Salisbury, and Bath, England


We covered a lot of ground today and saw a lot of stuff, oh wait; that is pretty much been like that the last 3 months of my life.  I know I will be thankful when I look back in a couple months and know that I saw everything I possibly could, but right now I am so tired, in every aspect.  I would love for just one day where I do not have run through a city from landmark to landmark, furiously snapping photos, or listen to one more guide explain their city’s history.  That being said, I take it all back.  Because of the tight schedules we operate by I was able to visit 3 beauties today in England; Stonehenge, Salisbury, and Bath. 

Stonehenge looked exactly like the photos, but something about standing before it was indescribable.  I think the coolest aspect is that no one actually knows what it is, so it is a mysterious and eerie experience.  I loved it!  After Stonehenge, we drove a short distance to Salisbury and saw a gorgeous cathedral set in the middle of a small picturesque town.  After that quick stop we headed to our last destination of the day, the charming town of Bath.  There we visited the most well preserved Roman Bath in the world.  It was a cool experience, but I enjoyed seeing the hot spring more than anything.  I have already had a pretty extensive education about the Romans in southern Europe so I knew a good handful of the information already.  We basically sprinted through the rest of Bath with our guide, but at least we go to see it all.  It was a long bus ride back to the hotel but I did not mind it because I got to take a pretty awesome nap!  A pretty great day all in all!

No comments:

Post a Comment