Sunday, January 27, 2013

A Ferry Across the Adriatic Sea

As each day passes, I become increasingly confident in my ability to travel abroad. I am finally reaching some sort of rhythm; another day, another city. I would not say I am comfortable because I do not think that will ever be the case, but instead, at peace with the whole situation. Whatever happens, will happen, and there is nothing I can do to stop it.

Rod’s bag getting stolen was a huge eye opener to all of us. We basically saw it happen and couldn’t do anything about it. He set a great example for us though. He was beyond livid, but he also explained to us that it was just money. No one was hurt or in danger and everything could be replaced.

So I am learning how to enjoy myself more as I get more familiar with my classmates, and how to depend on them when I am having a rough time. I have learned so much and adapted to so many situations, my life has already changed. I love everything I have experienced so far. I am so scared that I will be over it by the end though. I pray that this does not happen because I want to soak up every country and city that I have a chance to. This trip will shape my life in more ways than one, and I want to remember almost every minute of it.

Ok enough of that! Right now we are on a bus to Athens. I had one of the best sleeps of my life on the ferry last night. It basically rocked me to sleep the whole night. Several of us got up to see the sunrise over the Greek islands, only to be disappointed by a heavy cloud cover. So we ate breakfast and went back to sleep. The ferry did not reach Greece until about 1:00p.m. which means we got to sleep until about 11:00a.m. This is probably the only time it will happen on this trip. It was just fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment