Saturday, January 12, 2013

Granada, Spain

Our time in Granada has been short, but really great! We visited the Alhambra, which is a really old complex that houses an extravagant castle, palace, and garden. Words cannot even begin to describe the beauty of the place. This is one of the first places we have been that we have learned about in school, so it was pretty surreal to be there. After we visited the Alhambra we were given a free day for independent study. A group of us explored the city for a while, and then decided to eat lunch at a small brewery. We were told by our guide that tapas are free in Granada, so we got free appetizers and ordered some extra separately. We also ordered Alhambra beer to drink. I first had it in Sevilla and knew I liked it. Plus we were in Granada, the origin of Alhambra beer, so I pretty much had to order one. Later in the evening we got to experience a Flamenco Cave Dancing show. This was definitely a one-of-kind show. I took plenty of video so hopefully that will help me remember it all, even though I think it is something that I will never forget! Flamenco dancing is a dance unique to Spain, so it was a fantastic cultural experience. There is one other exciting thing to note. My friend Dan was told to try Lemon Fanta because it is only sold in Spain. We bought some to try and it ended up being pretty good, just like lemonade with carbonation. It’s easy to say that I enjoyed everything Granada had to offer me.

No comments:

Post a Comment