Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Assisi and Orvieto, Italy


We visited a couple more hill towns today in Italy on our way to Rome.  The first, Assisi, looked exactly like the two towns we visited yesterday.  We were only there for an hour or so.  I had just enough time for a quick lunch and sketch.  Orvieto was a little different because it IS basically a town on top of a cliff.  To be honest it looked more interesting from the ground below the cliff than it did actually beGIn in the town.  There was one really cool view from the top, however, next to the Duomo.  Besides that, getting up the cliff was the most interesting thing about Orvieto.  We rode a tram, but it was weird because it felt more like a tame roller coaster.  I think this is because it was so steep, but it was cool to experience. 
We are now on our way to Rome, and it is a bit surreal at this point.  In a couple hours I will be in the middle of the most legendary architecture ever!  About 70 percent of what I have crammed into my brain the past three years have been about Roman design.  It will be a crazy few days because there is so much to see, but I am sure it will be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment