Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pompeii, Italy

A sixth grade report was the beginning of my obsession with Pompeii. Today I finally got to go there, something I never really thought would be possible. Walking through the streets of a perfectly preserved Roman City is probably one of the coolest experiences I may ever have. I have done several research projects on Pompeii so it was amazing to discover it all finally in real life. I was disappointed that I was unable to see the Villa of Mysteries because of issues with time, which is the place I analyzed and presented last year for architecture history. We drove by it though, so I guess that will do.

The rest of the day has been a travel day with the final destination an overnight ferry to Greece. This is my first experience on a "cruise ship" and it has been ok so far. We had dinner and played Euchre for a couple of hours, and now it is time for homework. I have so many things due in the next few days, and so little time to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment