Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Just "A God Thing"

I cannot help but think that this is all a part of His plan.  The past year has been nothing short of what I like to call "A God Thing."  I have been blessed and spoiled beyond my comprehension with this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to travel the world, and I plan to make the best of it. 

Over the past year, my family and I have gone through our fair share of hectic preparation.  I never could have imagined how much work and planning would go into this.  More times than not I wonder, "What have I gotten myself into?"  Two days before I leave, this still rattles around in my brain, along with a million other thoughts and feelings, but one thing that trumps all these is a deep sense of peace.  While I am scared to death of what the next three-and-a-half months may bring, I realize that God has led me to this adventure, and that he will be with me every step of the way.
 
Yes, this trip is focused on architecture.  I actually get to experience global architecture rather than just learn about it.  It is a wonderful asset to the beginning of my professional career; however, I am more excited about the fact that I have a chance to share my faith with the world.  I pray that God will open my eyes to the beauty and cultures of the earth, and speak to me through His creation.  I am also very excited that I am able to share this discovery with all of you! 

"He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation." Mark 16:15 NIV

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful opportunity--take lots of pictures! :) I'll be praying for you.

    Blessings--
    Dana Street

    ReplyDelete