Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Greece Island Tour

One night in Greece was all it took for me to fall in love with the place. Last night we ate dinner at an amazing restaurant just off the pedestrian road near the Agora. We ordered 2 large platters of Greek samplers. Each platter is supposed to feed 4. We ate both platters entirely, and there were only 6 of us. The food was so amazing! It was nice to actually have some meat again! In addition to the platters, we ordered a Greek speciality, Saganaki, which is fried cheese! The restaurant had live music that was amazing as well. It definitely set the stage for the perfect first night in Greece.
Before dinner we did some shopping at a jewelry store just off the pedestrian street. Everything was half price, so I took advantage of that and bought several gifts for family and friend, including a necklace pendant and matching earrings for myself.

Today we spent the whole day cruising three popular islands of Greece: Hydra, Poros, and Aegina. Hydra was the first island we visited. Every single sidewalk and doorstep was a scene straight from a postcard or movie. It was fantastic! We went to a local gallery and I loved the paintings. I wish I could have gotten an original, but it just wasn’t practical, so I got a print instead! Poros was a short stop so I was not able to see much, but we did hike up to a clock tower at the top of the town. It was so beautiful! The last island, Aegina, did not have much compared to the other islands, except for a beautiful sunset. There have been a few terrorists’ attacks in Athens today, so we have been advised to stay close to the hotel this evening. Hopefully everything will turn out well, which I am sure it will because it doesn’t seem to be too serious.

Today was great because it was the first time we were able to relax and just enjoy the cruise without hurrying to the next destination. I can only pray that there are more days like this one in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment