Thursday, January 31, 2013

Delphi, Greece

We had a bus trip to Delphi, Greece for the majority of the day today. I can say that I enjoyed Delphi more than I did the Acropolis, partly because the weather was so beautiful, and because Delphi is located in the mountains. The ruins are not in great shape, but it was still amazing to see. It was at one time, a very important Greek city built into the side of a mountain. It was important for its legends of prophecy. People would travel from all around the world to receive their prophecy from Delphi priests. It turns out the site is located near a place where natural gas leaked. So the "prophets" were really just hallucinating from being poisoned. It is still a pretty cool history.

On the way to Delphi a song came on shuffle of my iPod, caught my attention, and just made me think. The Kutless song, "I’m Still Yours" put my life into perspective once again. Frequently, I lose sight of my purpose. It is not about architecture, or traveling, or making myself happy. It is only about my relationship with Christ. When that comes first, everything else will fall into place. Even though I struggle with remembering this daily, it is the most comforting thought! No one welcomes hard times, but I have always found that I come out of them so much stronger in my faith.
It is going to hit me one day just how lucky I am to see the world, hand-in-hand, with Christ; the mountains He created, the seas He filled with life, and the intelligence He gave to us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment